Thursday, January 31, 2008

Indigo Crisis on the Horizon

Despite lifetimes of intense research and the never-ending pursuit to know more about ourselves, we are often posed with the dilemma, “Please, tell me something I don’t know already.” How can someone so socially advanced, so intellectual, be so alone in the world? Even animals have their own personal connection and exist harmoniously with their surroundings. We're so desperately in search of answers that sometimes we're willing to believe things about ourselves that are not true. It is this very problem that I would like to address in this article because it is crucial to our future and the way we, as Indigo Children, interact.

As I skim these websites in an attempt to find my own personal answers, I cannot help but see a frightening pattern forming on the horizon. All the sites seem to maintain a uniform belief that Indigo Children are some kind of evolved lightworkers that they have returned to usher in an age of peace. While the latter may be true (depending on our current social crisis), the polarized misconception that we need to comply with some hokey New Age rhetoric is absolutely absurd. We are the next generation and we do not need this 80’s mentality shaping our decisions; we are beyond previous forms of enlightenment (in occurrence to our evolution). One does not make better products from the same materials. As such, we have our own unique perception of reality and our own beliefs on how it all works. More importantly, as individualists, we do not believe in conformity and/or forcing others to comply with our personal beliefs. However, it appears to me, that these sites and those who promote them, have made an ignorant attempt to shape our generation because they feel that they know what is right. Well, let me propose the notion, that while my own beliefs may be exclusive to me (and not work for others), I know when something or someone is being ignorant. No matter how brainwashed they have the Indigo Children of this world, we know inside what is right for us.

While it may be true that many New Age parents were behind the commonly endorsed theory of Indigo Children, I do not believe that it makes them the foremost experts on the subject. Quite frankly, we can explain ourselves quite well, without any help, and we do not need anyone telling us how to feel or what to believe. Older generations and New Age enthusiasts, most-unintentionally, have establish an inaccurate stereotype that has caused many Indigo Children to become judgmental of their own kind. Now, if an Indigo Child does not display the attributes of this love-light stereotype, they are dismissed from their own communities as if they were not part of the generation at all. Nobody in the world can tell me that this alienation is productive in any way and I believe it needs to stop, now. The Indigo Children have to take back their generation and realize that these judgmental ways must end. Segregation causes the formation of opposing sides and that always leads to conflict. Believe me, the last thing you want to see in the future, is a war between Indigo Children. If that were the case, this Indigo War would end up being the end of life as we know it. As an activist in neutrality, I urge my generation to consider this.

No comments:

Post a Comment